Sunday, 29 December 2013

Quiet time




Hello lovely blog readers, it has been a while since I blogged last. I hope you have all had a great festive break. So what have you all been up to lately? Lazy days in front of the fire, visiting fiends and relatives, enjoying the crisp winter sunshine?

I've had a very quiet and peaceful Christmas this year, which I think is what we both needed after a very hectic and stressful couple of months. I decided last month that I was going to take a step back from my creative work for a while, which is what I have done and this has given me time to reflect and look back at the last few years since I decided that I wanted to pursue a creative life.

 I have been doing a lot of thinking, listening to the radio, sleeping, reading books, and generally having a lot more quiet time than usual. We've made the effort to get out and walk our dog early and then head back home for a chilled out afternoon in front of the fire. This has given me time to catch up with myself. I've been browsing Pinterest and finding lots of inspiration in the plethora of beautiful and inspiring imagery. I've also been reading lots of blogs which has given me great comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one who sometimes feel frustrated, demotivated, lost, drained, lacking in direction and confidence.

I have been experiencing an internal struggle recently about my creative direction, and it has been difficult to try to put into words how I have been feeling. I'll try to get it all down on paper (or on my ipad), which I think will help me to find some answers and to move on into 2014 with a clear head and an exciting sense of direction and purpose.

 Have you ever felt this way? What did you do to overcome your creative inertia?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...